Help with hikvision POE injector please.

CCTVIPMAN

n3wb
Reaction score
Help Please....

I have 3 Hikvision ip dome 3mp cams, i am trying to power them using poe injectors, i currently have 3 x single poe injectors that i purchased off ebay. The cameras work fine when powered through its own 12v dc port but when trying through the injector there seems to be no power getting to the camras.

Any help will be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Help Please....

I have 3 Hikvision ip dome 3mp cams, i am trying to power them using poe injectors, i currently have 3 x single poe injectors that i purchased off ebay. The cameras work fine when powered through its own 12v dc port but when trying through the injector there seems to be no power getting to the camras.

Any help will be appreciated.
post a link to the injector you purchased on ebay..

CCTVIPMAN

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

The reason I was trying to power it this way is I am putting a single ip cam up at my garage which is away from my property so I only wanted to spend minimum amount on it.

Is it not possible at all powering a single cam with a poe injector.

I realised you did mention 48v. I have read this elsewhere aswell but when speaking to hikvision they said 48v would burn the camera out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

The reason I was trying to power it this way is I am putting a single ip cam up at my garage which is away from my property so I only wanted to spend minimum amount on it.

Is it not possible at all powering a single cam with a poe injector.

I realised you did mention 48v. I have read this elsewhere aswell but when speaking to hikvision they said 48v would burn the camera out.
You dont understand poe...do a google search and read...if you attached 48v to the 12v connection then it will fry the camera. You need a 48v adaper to use that injector...
if you want to use a single injector use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Injector-Adapter-Compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1460589892&sr=8-3&keywords=poe+injector

CCTVIPMAN

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I managed to purchase the poe switch you advised me to get.
Just wondering if you recommend any easy to use routers for port forwarding?
Your help is appreciated
Thank you

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can foward the ports on pretty much 99.9% of the routers so just go for the one you think are more pretty to look at =D