Help with Huisun 2mp bullet ip cam

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently I purchased a Huisun 2mp bullet IP cam based on the feedback I saw on here. So far, it’s been a really great camera, but I am having one issue that I’m hoping someone can help me with. I will say I am by no means an expert at this stuff, so I may have done something incorrect, but I have several other IP cams of different vendors and they all work fine on the local network and on the WAN with the port forwarding. However, I’m having issues with this cam and accessing it from outside my local network. After setting it up like my other ip cams (which are wireless but I was assuming that doesn’t change much), I accessed it using the local ip & port with no issues, but when I use the external ip address & port, it lets me log in, but all I see is a blank screen for the feed. I can get into the settings and everything is how I put it and there (cam name, network settings, etc), but no display of the feed. I wasn’t sure what port to use, and I ended up using 2000. I saw that klasipca had a problem with the PoE hardware on one, but since I was mounting it close to a power source, I just got the basic one. I don’t think it’s a power issue, but I could be wrong. It is definitely a 12v power adapter and it’s rated at more amps than what shows on the website for the camera (2 vs 1.5). I think it’s probably some type of setting I didn’t foresee, but I was hoping someone could help. Here are links to two pictures of the local and WAN cam feeds. I appreciate your time. Thanks.

frontcamera1.jpegfrontcamera2.jpeg

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From experience using the Hikvision ivms app, both 8000 and 554 need to be forwarded. I tried ovifer app, that only need 554.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Like I mentioned I'm no expert. I did notice that the Huisun had more port settings that my others. The two pics below are the Huisun network settings and one of my Foscam network settings. Can someone suggest some changes if they are necessary? Or is there something additional to do on the router? Thanks.

cam network.jpeg cam network2.jpeg

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's on the router side...open port 554

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
That actually did it! Thanks for the help. Working great now.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There is also a hidden port 8000 if you plan to use mobile app like IVMS-4500