Help with IP Cam. Network doesn't show it.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HI,
I bought an IP camera from Ebay. Its supposed to be a Dahua IPC-HFW4300S but the listing says its an OEM version. There are no brand name marks, and when I google the model number, it doesn't look the same either. I have an angled octagon type sun shade where the photos I google show a rounded sunshade. My IR lights are rectangular where google shows the old fashioned round button type leds. No big deal.

My problem is that when I plug it into my home network, it doesn't show up in the device list. Tried an ARP -A command in DOS and nothing there either. The IR Lights on the camera work fine but it won't show up in the network.

Tried rebooting the network by turning the router on and off.. tried resetting the device list, tried unplugging the power to the camera and waiting 30 seconds, tried different Cat5 cable and different router port.

Funny thing is, I bought two of these units and neither of them will show up in the network.

A year ago, I bought a Dahua camera for a friend that was having a problem with some kids and it showed up just fine on both my network when I tested it and at his home on his network. and it was easy to find on both.

Any ideas? The ebay item number I bought is 321566451821

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It wont show up because your network is likely on a different subnet than the default ip. There are lots of threads discussing how to set these up.
Unfortunately this is a poor performing camera with a 1/3 sensor that will perform poorly at night and in low light. It will also suffer from spider web issues.

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So how do I figure out which subnet the camera is on?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So how do I figure out which subnet the camera is on?
see the posts on this subject...the default ip is 192.168.1.108
If you can return the camera, do it, you got ripped off at 90bux...

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set your pc ip address to 192.168.1.2 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0. Ensure only one camera is connected at one time. Use your browser to go to 192.168.1.108 and change the ip address appropriately. Repeat for the second camera.