Help with IP camera in browser needing webplugin.exe??

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I am sure many have seen this so hopefully someone can help. When I try to simply look at one of my cameras be it Dahua, Hikvision, etc by typing my IP in to the browser, I can get in to the camera software when prompted for username and passwork and can do everything in the software EXCEPT see the camera playing because the software asks me to download "webplugin.exe" which I have done multiple times but still can not see video. Surely there is some simple step that I am missing that someone can help me with? Thanks, Adam

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Internet Explorer is the default go-to program for cameras. Many have had success using Pale Moon or another browser with the IE plug-in. YMMV.

But you should go into the browser and in the settings delete the webplugin and reload. It needs to be removed within the settings of the browser. Simply downloading multiple times doesn't do it as you have found out.

And for some it is a video driver conflict and changing from H265 to H264 or vice versa brings the cameras up.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, yes, I was trying to download Internet Explorer but I tried and it loaded Edge so I have to find where I can actually get Internet Explorer. The cameras worked on my wifes computer with Internet Explorer. Thanks, Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I found Internet Explorer and it works exactly as needed. Thanks for the help. Adam