Help with IVS

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question about my cameras?

IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP x 3
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE x 2

Question is are these cameras IVS capable?
From what I read they are capable of intrusion and trip wire.

Also, I’m trying to log into NVR / w poe on Mac safari. Which I can successfully and view and play back video. But from there when I try to log into the camera itself and go to settings I see just a black screen telling me to download plug in which I think doesn’t exist anymore. Is there any browser that runs on Mac capable of viewing the camera or a plug in for safari? My Mac is running the latest os version. Another question if this will work I have my nvr in my server rack with large monitor. Can I connect a mouse to NVR plug hdmi to monitor and configure cameras from the NVR interface?

thank you look forward to your replies.
Alex

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
My IPC-HDW5231R-ZE has Tripwire, Intrusion, Abandoned Object and Missing Object.
Firmware is V2.800.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2019-01-11, probably not the latest firmware.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Both the 2231 and 5231 are IVS capable.

If they're running one of the newer firmware versions, you should be able to use Chrome/Firefox on your Mac to connect and do most things on the camera without needing a plugin. Same with the NVR ... if it's running a newer version of firmware, you should be able to do most things to it remotely from a Mac running Chrome/Firefox.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, many people do not experience the IVS as working. Most probable cause is that they do not tick the "Smart Plan" box. If you did tick "Face Detection/Recognition", IVS will not work:

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I’ll have to check the firmware on cameras. If out of date goto Dahua website and download new firmware and manually update each camera?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, check out EmpireTech Andy’s sub-forum here for the latest firmware:
EmpireTech Andy

For whatever reason, Dahua doesn’t always release newer versions of firmware on their regular website (although the US Dahua Wiki site will sometimes have some). Since Andy is Dahua reseller, he’s able to get the newer versions and he puts them in his forum.

For the 5231 firmware, look for a thread that has 5x3x in the title (along with the word Rhea, which I think is the internal name for those models). Most firmwares cover several models, so usually the first post will show that. Also good to skim through the thread and see if folks have reported any major issues.

Last edited:

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, check out EmpireTech Andy’s sub-forum here for the latest firmware:
EmpireTech Andy

For whatever reason, Dahua doesn’t always release newer versions of firmware on their regular website (although the US Dahua Wiki site will sometimes have some). Since Andy is Dahua reseller, he’s able to get the newer versions and he puts them in his forum.

For the 5231 firmware, look for a thread that has 5x3x in the title (along with the word Rhea, which I think is the internal name for those models). Most firmwares cover several models, so usually the first post will show that. Also good to skim through the thread and see if folks have reported any major issues.
So, this is the f/w that my cameras are running. I found newer firmware on Andy's sub forum for the 2231, but could not seem to find anything newer than I have for the 5231 with the search 5x3x Rhea.
This is what I found for 2231, but when I went to manually install it for test in one of my cameras it was was installing for hours but did nothing to the camera. So not sure if I was doing it correctly but see pics for how I tried.
Also, thanks for the tip on FireFox I can view via IP with no plug in. I will try some IVS rules today and see if they trigger.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 3.46.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-27 at 3.50.04 AM.png

Attachments

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, this is weird thing that is going on with my 5231 cameras every time I log into camera interface anything I set up has changed for example my IVS rule is still there but defaults to rule 1 instead of my custom name. Also, the record is deselected and my over overlay has removed recording time. And when I log in it's like starting from scratch. This screen displays.
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 4.09.58 AM.png

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay, this is weird thing that is going on with my 5231 cameras every time I log into camera interface anything I set up has changed for example my IVS rule is still there but defaults to rule 1 instead of my custom name. Also, the record is deselected and my over overlay has removed recording time. And when I log in it's like starting from scratch. This screen displays.
View attachment 60531
It indeed looks like your camera is not retaining its configuration. I would suggest to use the physical factory reset button (in the back, hold it 30 seconds while plugged into power. It will power cycle a couple of times and then retry entering the configurations. Otherwise this thing might be DOA.

Good luck!
CC

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that. It's funny because both cameras are doing the same thing. So I do not think both would be DOA.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that. It's funny because both cameras are doing the same thing. So I do not think both would be DOA.
Indeed, that makes it too "coincidental". What happens if you try another browser?

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried Safari needs plug in, I tried MS Edge, the only one that seems work was FireFox. Do you think it could be firmware I went on Dahua site and found newer firmware. I just don’t no how to upgrade it.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
For the 5x3x "Rhea", you can also use @EMPIRETECANDY firmwares in his profile on this forum. Updating 5x3x is very simple: in firefox, go to settings - system - upgrade (that's the menu system on v4 - you still have the old menu system). If you upgrade to "v4", you don't need any plugins anymore.

Be aware: flashing is "easy", but you can "easily" brick your camera: make sure you are on a stable connection (if the transfer drops before completion, camera = dead) and make triple check you got the right firmware (make sure your specific camera is in the release notes).

Good luck!
CC

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the 5x3x "Rhea", you can also use @EMPIRETECANDY firmwares in his profile on this forum. Updating 5x3x is very simple: in firefox, go to settings - system - upgrade (that's the menu system on v4 - you still have the old menu system). If you upgrade to "v4", you don't need any plugins anymore.

Be aware: flashing is "easy", but you can "easily" brick your camera: make sure you are on a stable connection (if the transfer drops before completion, camera = dead) and make triple check you got the right firmware (make sure your specific camera is in the release notes).

Good luck!
CC
How long does firmware update usually take? I’d tried on another camera and it never made any movement it was just stuck.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
How long does firmware update usually take? I’d tried on another camera and it never made any movement it was just stuck.
Uploading +-1-2 minutes, updating the same. In 5 minutes, you should be done with all.

Either use Dahua Toolbox then to flash, or through another browser.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

Especially the "ConfigTool" is important for firmware updating your devices (not through their proper webservice).

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi catcamster
Is there away to remotely reset cameras ? I did one took it apart held in a button next to green light 30 seconds light went off and back on but I do not think camera went back to factory.