Help with new Hikvision 7600 Set-up

Reaction score
I just purchased a Hikvision 7600 NI 8 channel NVR. I also purchased 4 IP cameras (Hikvision generic cameras).

Here is the NVR I purchased (from ebay)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVR-8-channel-8-PoE-ports-H-264-5MP-Full-HD-1080p-HDMI-8TB-Capacity-/141787610653?hash=item2103333e1d:g:qP4AAOSwwbdWKDGN

The cameras are listed as model: XC-2CD2032F-I

Here is a link to them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2CD2032F-I-3MP-HD-PoE-IR-IP66-Bullet-Network-IP-Mini-Camera-/141772354999?hash=item21024a75b7:g:jwEAAOSwQTVV9wdB

I have activated the cameras with the Hikvision IVMS software, but when I connect them to the NVR, it does not see them and I do not see anything on the display. I know I am missing a step.

Any suggestions or tips for a total newbie?

TIA

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You kind of jumped the gun with activating them. What you should have done is left them unactivated and connected them to the NVR. When you activate the NVR, it then in turn activates all supported Hikvision cameras that are connected and set to "Plug N Play". Activation in this instance will apply your NVR's admin password (whatever you make it) to all of the Hikvision cameras, so should you ever need to connect to the cameras directly, that is what it would be to login.

Now that the cameras are already activated, you will likely need to take the cameras off of Plug N Play in the NVR's camera connection settings and set them to manual. Once set to Manual, you can enter the IP and login info for each camera, and you should get a picture. I recommend keeping them to their default 192.168.254.x network, unless you plan on placing the cameras on the LAN and not the PoE switch on the back of the recorder. (I doubt that).

What might be easier for you is to push the reset button on all of the cameras and just reset them back to factory, then connect them to the NVR and leave it all as plug N play. The NVR should do the rest. Within about 30s or so you should get picture on the respective ports you connect them to. That way there's less settings to tamper with. By push, I mean hold for 10-15s. I notice these are the newer F-I bullets, so the button is located under the small cover on the bottom which also contains the SD slot.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and information. I did initially just plug them in, and they did not work. That is when I contacted the person I bought them from, and they said I had to activate them. I will reset them, and try that again.

I assume to reset, I need to plug them into the NVR, then hold the reset button for the 10-15s?

Thanks again!

You kind of jumped the gun with activating them. What you should have done is left them unactivated and connected them to the NVR. When you activate the NVR, it then in turn activates all supported Hikvision cameras that are connected and set to "Plug N Play". Activation in this instance will apply your NVR's admin password (whatever you make it) to all of the Hikvision cameras, so should you ever need to connect to the cameras directly, that is what it would be to login.

Now that the cameras are already activated, you will likely need to take the cameras off of Plug N Play in the NVR's camera connection settings and set them to manual. Once set to Manual, you can enter the IP and login info for each camera, and you should get a picture. I recommend keeping them to their default 192.168.254.x network, unless you plan on placing the cameras on the LAN and not the PoE switch on the back of the recorder. (I doubt that).

What might be easier for you is to push the reset button on all of the cameras and just reset them back to factory, then connect them to the NVR and leave it all as plug N play. The NVR should do the rest. Within about 30s or so you should get picture on the respective ports you connect them to. That way there's less settings to tamper with. By push, I mean hold for 10-15s. I notice these are the newer F-I bullets, so the button is located under the small cover on the bottom which also contains the SD slot.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The cameras will need power, so might as well use the NVR to power them. They won't see each other anyways, so yes that should work. connect to PoE switch, hold reset for 10-15s on each one, and they should reset to factory. Upon reboot, the NVR should do it's thing as far as the automatic activation is concerned, as long as in the NVR settings, the cameras are set to Plug N Play (usually the default). Worst case scenario, you might need to unplug the cameras and replug them if you don't get an image within a reasonable time frame. Otherwise I see no reason why that won't work. My NVR has mostly older non-activation enabled cameras, and I got two new 4MP domes a month or two ago, and they activated just fine with this same process. Only difference is I have a 7616 NVR.

Also make sure your NVR firmware is up to date. Those appear to be rebranded Hikvision's (or I should say generic, with no logo), but the latest NVR firmware is 3.4.1, and the cameras the latest is 5.3.0. Deal with updating after though. Get the cameras working first. Those are US region devices so you should have no issues with firmware or upgrading moving forward.

Reaction score
I reset the cameras, and rebooted the NVR and still no luck. I am running firmware version 3.3.4, not sure on the firmware for the cameras. Where can I verify that the cameras are set to Plug N Play on the NVR? The actual model number of my NVR is 7608NI-E2/8P.

Should I reset the NVR?

On the camera setup screen, here is what it shows:

Photo Feb 19, 9 54 35 PM.jpg

Reaction score
I went into the NVR, found the plug n play option for the cameras and reset them all. I rebooted the NVR, and I still get the NO LINK showing for all the cameras. I am ready to return this and go with a plug n play option :)

It cant be that hard to set this up can it?

TIA!

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, these are truly plug n play when done correctly. While it's slightly more confusing when they threw Activation and other security measures in the mix in 2015, it's still fairly simple. Don't return it just yet, this is a simple issue with what should be a simple solution. Let's run through a few things.

In Order:
1) Your 3.3.4 looks green and leafy. All current generation Hikvision firmware is red and black/dark gray to match their general branding and color scheme. I have no idea whose idea it was to make their NVRs look like a forest. Cute, but I don't see the professionalism or UI cleanliness in that. On any older NVRs I've brought up to 3.3.4, it has always been red. The leafy theme ended around 3.1.3 in my case. That was for the 7700s and yours is a 7600, so that might vary slightly.

Bring the NVR up to the latest firmware, 3.4.1. You appear to have an E2 revision of the 7600 series NVR. These also appear to be generic versions of US Hikvision equipment, so firmware upgrades are safe from any region locking disasters. Fetch here:
NVR_EXX_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.1_151225.zip

Download, Unzip, and either:
A) copy the firmware (digicap.dav) to a flash drive and upgrade it from the maintenance menu right on the NVR
B) Sign into the web interface of the NVR over your network, and upgrade it from the maintenance menu on there using the same firmware file as described in (A)

When the NVR reboots, deforestation will have already occurred (leaves be gone) and everything should be red now. The NVR shouldn't need its settings reset, but I'll leave that as a last resort option.

2) Camera firmware is not an issue at this point, so we'll leave that alone for now. I do need to know what they're running at the very least. Ditch iVMS for any of the troubleshooting, it's a little clunky. Instead, use SADP. SADP will scope out anything Hikvision present on your network, no matter where or how it's hiding. Fetch here:
SADP_v3.0.0.2build20150911.zip

Connect your computer directly to the NVR PoE switch. (if you're using all 8 cams, kill one for testing purposes). Turn off any other NICs (WiFi for example) and open SADP. you should see your NVR, and then all of the cameras you have connected via that PoE Switch. Please post a screenshot of this, and I can help you try and figure out why the NVR can't see them. The default IP on the cams is usually 192.x.x.64 (I've seen varied default IPs recently, but this same pattern matches them all). This doesn't seem to be a problem with the NVR, but moreso the cameras. Perhaps they didn't clear out all the way. When in doubt, there is what's called the 30/30/30 reset, which is overkill for these, but basically you plug in the camera, hold reset for 30, unplug, keep holding for 30, plug back in, hold for 30, and it's a guaranteed reset. However this procedure is ultimately only intended for Broadcom chipsets. Hikvision uses Ambarella.

3) On the NVR, make sure all 8 are set to PnP. Looks like you've already figured that much out. You cameras appear to be on the 10.0.0.x network. Depending on how they were setup in iVMS, that might be part of you problem. However you've now set them to PnP, so there should not be any issues now, aside from ensuring the cameras reset to default. Post that screenshot and I'll see what might be wrong. If they truly reset, and the NVR didn't reconfigure them to PnP (you would have a picture of some sort), all of the cameras should have the same default IP. Additionally, selecting a camera should ask you to input an admin password for the first time. (This is the activation feature at heart). Do not enter a password, that's what the NVR's job is. Doing so will negate the PnP functionality, as it locks down the camera and doesn't allow the NVR to freely connect to it to "Activate" and auto config everything.

Last edited by a moderator: