Help with Night settings for LPR >> IPC-HFW5241E-Z12

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By external light, you mean external IR? If not, then for LPR, it is almost too hard to throw too much IR at it so set this baby at 100 LOL. The more the better for these reflective plates.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing odd to me on your settings @wittaj is the max Iris? On 5231’s and 5241’s I have, anything over about 60-65 was a diminishing return. In fact my older 5231’s run at about 45 (at roughy 100 ft and with street lights). Perhaps that’s the difference.
Oh I know, the high iris surprised the crap out of me. I would never guess a 100 iris and an 80 gain would result in optimal settings. But like I said, I have two of these and they are completely different settings based on when it was made. My neighbor who bought one closer to my first one works on the settings for my first one and my other neighbor that bought a newer one uses the settings closer to my 2nd one.

@wittaj Again, if the range is set to the same values for low and high it wont change but will give you the option of further dialing in rather than sticking with a setting from a list of fixed settings.
I understand that, but in his last screen shot of settings he is trying, he had a gain range of 0-50, which last time I checked those two numbers aren't the same and are actually, um a range LOL...

UserSTL

n3wb
Reaction score
By external light, you mean external IR? If not, then for LPR, it is almost too hard to throw too much IR at it so set this baby at 100 LOL. The more the better for these reflective plates.
I am using an external IR light (link below).

SPT High Impact Extreme Long Range IR (up to 390ft)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.