Help with old analogue DVR - QVIS/Dahua

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a long shot but hoping someone can help. I purchased an analogue DVR many years ago and have now passed this on to a neighbour. It worked fine when I had it but it was disconnected for some time and although the unit still works it will not save the configuration on reboot. It defaults back to factory on each reboot. I think it might need a firmware flash but I cannot find any firmware for this device anywhere. It was a QVIS unit but believe it was manufactured by Dahua and then rebranded by QVIS. The model was ApolloDCPro 16CH. I've attached the spec sheet from QVIS. I've also been in touch with QVIS support but they had no firmware available as the unit is too old.

Anyway this is a last ditch effort to see if anyone can help. Does anyone have a firmware file which will work with this unit or can advise why the config is not being held on reboot. If anyone knows what Dahua model this was that would also help.

Thanks for any help at all.

Attachments

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I've been researching this for quite a while now but have no definite answers yet. However I think I've found the Dahua model this device was originally made under and a possible firmware file. The motherboard has the model number printed on it - DVR-HF-S. After searching on the Dahua firmware site I found the following firmware:

DVR Firmware Release Notes

Firmware version:

DH_DVRxx04HF-X_Eng_P_V3.200.0000.0.R.20170803

Applicable models:

DVR0404HF-L,DVR0404HF-A,DVR1604HF-A,DVR1604HF-L,DVR1604HF-S,DVR0804HF-A,DVR3204HF-S
Optimizations & bug fixes:
Fix the cybersecurity issues

The DVR is a 16CH unit and therefore I assume the original model number would have been DVR1604HF-S. Can anybody offer any insight into whether it is possible to flash this firmware onto this device? Is there any reason that it wouldn't take a stock OEM firmware despite the fact the unit was rebranded under the QVIS name and given a QVIS branded firmware?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Could it be something as simple as a dead CMOS battery on the motherboard?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
No I’d already replaced the CMOS battery and it didn’t make any difference.
However I finally found the problem and have solved the issue. Basically the internal logging file had got so large it had used up all the internal memory and so the DVR couldn’t save any more data including the config. I managed to Telnet into the file system and deleted the log file. After that the DVR is working perfectly. Such a simple problem but without Telnet access would be impossible to do. Anyway it’s all working again but I’d still be interested in whether these QVIS branded DVRs would accept standard Dahua firmware.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Good work. Somewhere on the board there is probably a jumper to clear that stuff out, but telnet works!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk