Help with picture settings

qbhatti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I am struggling to get the picture right on these dahua tioc cameras....any help would be much appreciated.
Installed on front of house that has plastic cladding on it.

Tried but I can't get the picture better.

Wonderful in the day, although a juddery playback when I look at recorded footage..
Not sure what to do.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have them placed next to extreme lighting? Looks real bright in the edges. Is WDR on or off?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is installed too high and even though in color, the LED light on the camera is emulating IR bounce.

Get the camera lower.

For this camera and the 2.8 or 3.6mm lens that you have, someone needs to be within 15 feet of the camera to be useful to IDENTIFY a stranger and you are basically at that vertically...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the led light is bouncing off the extended roof below.

You really need to get the camera below that extended roof as where the cam is now there is a hell of a blind spot.

qbhatti

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replies guys.

Gonna be difficult to move the camera, but I do have one further down to cover the blind spot

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's reflection from the lights bouncing off the building. This is why it is important to always first test a proposed mounting location for a minimum of 24hrs with a temporary test rig.
Don't mount cams higher than 8ft off the ground, you want to know who did it, not just what happened.
Wide lens such as 2.8mm are mostly worthless outdoors.