help with PIR from cam or sealevel

rhconcepts

n3wb
Reaction score
Im pretty good with BI but im not having any luck getting the motion detection set just right. So now I want to try a sealevel device so I can hook up some outdoor PIR motion sensors. I also would like to get my Amcrest HD Pro camera so the I/O triggers BI to record. The sealevel would be for me and the I/O on the camera would be for my Father. When I trigger the I/O I can get the camera to pan and record in the camera's software. But I can not get it to trigger BI to record. I do have "cameras digital input or motion" turned on in the trigger settings.

So what am I missing on the I/O trigger coming from the Amcrest?

What sealevel device should I get? I would like to wire up 2 PIR motions, one motion to trigger the front camera and one to trigger the rear. I was looking at the 8113 HERE

If I install the sealevel next to the PC can I use a cat5e from that to the motion?

rhconcepts

n3wb
Reaction score
So no one here can help me? Blueiris is fixing the software for the I/o trigger on the amcrest in the next update.

i still need to know what sealevel to buy, can anyone help me with that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So no one here can help me? Blueiris is fixing the software for the I/o trigger on the amcrest in the next update.

i still need to know what sealevel to buy, can anyone help me with that?
I would look for a network verison not usb..this way you dont have to keep it near the BI machine if running wire is too much of a pain..
Look at the 120E...I picked one up for cheap on ebay but have not mess with it much...

rhconcepts

n3wb
Reaction score
I would look for a network verison not usb..this way you dont have to keep it near the BI machine if running wire is too much of a pain..
Look at the 120E...I picked one up for cheap on ebay but have not mess with it much...
Thanks I'll check it out. I would like usb to keep it next to the pc. I need to run wires to two different directions. But I will look into the one you mentioned.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check it out. I would like usb to keep it next to the pc. I need to run wires to two different directions. But I will look into the one you mentioned.
Even if its next to the pc, if you have an open network port use the network based unit...its more versatile in case you want to move it in the future or use it with more than one BI machine...