Help with profiles and geofence

ToadRage

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been a BI user for quite some time now, but up until today my setup has been pretty simple. I have a total of 6 cameras (4-Exterior, 2-Interior). The interior cameras have never been set to trigger/record as we just use them check on the pets when away from home. I also only have 2 profiles: (Day & Night). The profiles change on a schedule according to sunrise/sunset. On the day and night my exterior cameras have different motion hot spots and zones because at night we get headlights that come pretty far up our yard that trigger the camera, therefore I moved the zones farther back on the night profile.

I decided I wanted to start recording motion on my interior cameras when my and my wife's phones are not home (outside of the geofence), however I'm struggling to figure out how to do this without messing up my day and night hot spot profiles.

I thought maybe I could create a total of 4 profiles like so:

1. Day (Home)
2. Day (Away)
3. Night (Home)
4. Night (Away)

But I don't see a way to set a profile by two conditions: geofence + time of day.
For example:
If my wife and I are at work (Away + Day time); Set profile = Day (Home)
If my wife and I are away for dinner at night (Away + Night time); Set profile = Night (Away)

Am I missing something simple? How do I keep my day and night profiles for my exterior cameras working as they are, but just disable motion detection on the interior cameras when we are home?

Thanks for any help!

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i have managed to setup exactly what your trying to do, although it did take a bit of sorting but works well now, i will try to explain what i have to try and help you along,

1, Four profile like you say, home day, away day, etc
2, Schedule tab on main settings, set each "profile to draw" and set time accordingly, ie when home day or night they are set relative to sun up/down
3, then on the mobile tab, set the schedule to use, home or away dependant on geofence status
4, then on each relavent camera tab you tell it on which profile you want it to record

not sure if i have covered it correctly or even explained it easy enough, but hopefully it will get you a bit closer, someone else might pop up with a better to-do list.

Andy

ToadRage

n3wb
Reaction score
@andycots Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure I understand how to get the profile to determine weather to pick the Day or Night profile when I enter or exit the geofence.

I found an alternate solution, but it's a bit cumbersome.
I created 4 profiles (Day, Night, Away, Home). I set each exterior camera to ignore the global schedule and ignore manual changes - These cameras use their own schedule to automatically switch between day and night based on sunset/sunrise. I then set the global schedule to switch between away and home based on time of day (This isn't really relevant because the mobile geofence will switch and hold). I suppose it works, but seem like there should be a better way.