Help with PTZ control inside BI with a EZVIZ camera

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a way but I have a couple EZVIZ cameras, Type- CS-CV246-A0-1C2WFR & CS-CV246-B0-3B2WFR-KJDS (basically the exact same cameras) They both have PT control from within the EZVIZ app and have the ability to to auto track, there is no way to set presets that I can find. They are set up in BI under Generic/ONVIF as EZVIZ is not an option. I have tried to get PTZ control from inside BI but had no luck, does anyone know a way to accomplish this? TIA.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same issue here but with Ezviz C3WN. I wanted to increase contrast and brightness for night but the settings had no effect on the images in BI.

Reaction score
I just got a new off brand PTZ I'm testing for a job so here are the things I learned.
1 the find inspect needs to discover your PTZ options see attached pic
2 the presets need set inside the camera first then you set them in BI. BI just tells the camera to go to preset x mine is like this z_ovf_ptz_05
3 download onvif device manager ODM and see if you can control the camera from that software it will give you clues to make you cam work in BI
4 my camera came with instructions that have a list of call presets so like z_ovf_ptz_83 is force day mode.

Good luck PTZ's can be a pain i just worked on one for about a month to get it working correctly.
I can say the Amcrest PTZ IP2M-841B-V3 i have worked perfect the first time and I can control everything in BI. If it says that is supports ONVIF then it should just work but it did not for me.

Attachments

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got a new off brand PTZ I'm testing for a job so here are the things I learned.
1 the find inspect needs to discover your PTZ options see attached pic
2 the presets need set inside the camera first then you set them in BI. BI just tells the camera to go to preset x mine is like this z_ovf_ptz_05
3 download onvif device manager ODM and see if you can control the camera from that software it will give you clues to make you cam work in BI
4 my camera came with instructions that have a list of call presets so like z_ovf_ptz_83 is force day mode.

Good luck PTZ's can be a pain i just worked on one for about a month to get it working correctly.
I can say the Amcrest PTZ IP2M-841B-V3 i have worked perfect the first time and I can control everything in BI. If it says that is supports ONVIF then it should just work but it did not for me.
Your correct on all accounts- My issue is EZVIZ does not allow you or there is no way in their GUI to set the presets, not with the PTZ cameras I have, these are indoor cameras maybe for the outdoor ones that would work, not sure. I also have some Reolink cameras and I did what you were talking about and these will work. The EZVIZ cameras are just locked down is the issue and no one has took the time to (that I can find) either write some new software or whatever you need to do (I'm clueless) Kinda sad because even though they may be Chinese cheapy's they actually are really solid cameras.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Discovered the Ezviz studio desktop for windows. You have advanced settings after changing the config file line in program files.
Contrast/Brightness/WDR etc etc.