Help with PTZ, NVR, and NAS issue

Reaction score
Hi... first post! Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

I have had a Lorex NVR with 8 cameras (private protocol) working just fine for years on the same network as my Qnap NAS. I recently connected a POE PTZ camera (ONVIF protocol, static IP) directly to an ethernet port on my Lorex NVR. The NVR displayed the camera feed just fine and the PTZ functioned normally. The problem is after a few minutes, the IP of that device suddenly changes to my Qnap NAS IP and the camera feed disappears and it states "Login return time is up" (which seems to mean Lorex NVR is trying to log into the Qnap NAS recognizing it as an ONVIF device). Then a few minutes later the camera feed returns to normal, the IP address of that device returns to the static IP of the PTZ camera, and everything is fine again for a few minutes. This cycle constantly repeats, the device rotating from my camera IP to the Qnap NAS IP. When I shut down the Qnap NAS, my Lorex NVR and new PTZ camera work perfectly for as long as the Qnap NAS is off. When I power on the Qnap NAS again, the issue remains.

When I run the device search function on my Lorex NVR it finds two ONVIF devices, the PTZ camera as well as the Qnap NAS. My question is how do I prevent my Qnap NAS from showing up in my Lorex NVR device search? Or how do I prevent my Lorex NVR from automatically switching that particular device IP from the camera's static IP to the Qnap NAS IP? Or how do I make my Qnap NAS not appear as a ONVIF device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!