Help with Reolink RTSP Substream

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 10 Reolink RLC-410 cameras. I know that they don't have the best reputation for IP cameras, but they were what my builder included in their "technology package" and it's what I have wired and configured so far.

I've recently learned about the benefits of "substream" RTSP for keeping CPU load down while still getting full quality direct-to-disc recording. I am very interested in this because my i7 processor is usually running at 60-80%. To keep CPU loads manageable, I've had to reduce the Reolink FPS and bitrate considerably - and this always makes the recorded video pretty choppy and not as high of quality as I would like.

I know that I can set the substream in the "Network IP Camera Configuration"... but I can't seem to make this work correctly for these Reolink cameras. The only way I could figure it out was to select the Model as "RLC-410/etc Baseline RTSP (old firmware). However, this makes the "main" stream act like the sub and there is no high quality main (see screenshots).

REOLINK RTSP.jpg

If I try to use my original Model of "RLC-410/etc Baseline RTMP", I get the high quality main stream, but can't seem to figure out an appropriate Sub stream.

REOLINK RTMP.jpg

I've added a few screenshots of what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

perfect777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED:

Check this thread for the solution.