Help with Sedac lite

Brian H

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I'm new to the BI world, having just upgraded from a CCTV system with a dedicated DVR. Things are going pretty well so far. I have 4 cameras recording 24x7, mobile access, the whole bit. What I can't get working, for the life of me, is a trigger from a Seadac Lite (8112) to trigger a snapshot of one of my cameras (ultimately, to e-mail but I'd just be happy if it took the picture). I've verified that BI can see the Seadac unit (I can cause the relays to open/close through BI). I've verified that I'm successfully closing the contact, using a continuity meter. Under ALERTS for the camera in question, under Profile 1 (my default) and Profile 3, I have "Fire when this camera is triggered" set, DIO & External checked, and SEND AN E-MAIL MESSAGE configured. If I go into the SEND AN EMAIL config and hit TEST, it takes the picture and sends it to me. If I right-click on the camera and select "Trigger Now", it sends me the e-mail. Under the TRIGGER tab, I have GLOBAL DIO INPUT BITS selected and set to 15 (which, according to the documentation, is an input should trigger it), but nothing happens when I trigger the input.
I can't figure this out and I'm hoping one of you can show me the error of my ways....

Thanks for your time,
Brian

Brian H

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, figured out my own problem. I did not realize the Seadac needed more than just a contact closure to function. It requires voltage. Hooked a 9v transformer in-line with the contact, and works like a charm. Sorry for the false alarm, but maybe this will help someone else who apparently doesn't read the documentation very well.

Brian