Help with setup Hikvision 2432

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I am able to setup and use the camera when hooked directly to the router, once i try to go thru a switch , I can't get access to the camera (using IP address) and also can't connect the camera to blue iris. Ive checked all the connections, and they are good, but cant get the camera to connect. The SADP will also NOT "see" th camera when hooked to the switch, but works fine when connected directly to router. I read about creating an IP address manually for the cam thru SADP, I tried that, still no luck. I have zero network skill, but am learning fast!
Help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I am able to setup and use the camera when hooked directly to the router, once i try to go thru a switch , I can't get access to the camera (using IP address) and also can't connect the camera to blue iris. Ive checked all the connections, and they are good, but cant get the camera to connect. The SADP will also NOT "see" th camera when hooked to the switch, but works fine when connected directly to router. I read about creating an IP address manually for the cam thru SADP, I tried that, still no luck. I have zero network skill, but am learning fast!
Help!
What is the exact switch model..is the switch also connected to the router?

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, the switch was not "in line" with the router.......nothing to do with the camera.......thanks