Help with Siemens IP CAMERA

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear everyone. I have aqquired a Siemens IP camera CCMS 2010 IR camera but cannot set it up on the system as it cannot be seen on my network. I have read there is a Siemens network camera Discovery tool, but cannot see where to download it. Can anybody point me in the right direction and maybe provide a link to such software and even some instructions on how to go about it?
If so I would be extremely grateful as I was having terrible trouble finding even the right Siemens email address to get me to the correct support and when I did, cannot find the camera on any support list which you have to do to proceed further. If anybody can help, that'll be great!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Google Fu yielded a 96 page manual here .

I'd perform a reset (search manual) and then try the default IP of 192.168.0.10 (your PC will need to be on same subnet, as in 192.168.0.XXX).

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys, wasn't expecting all of the above and so quickly!
Have just modified the 192.168.0.10 to my Dahua NVR's 10.1.1.xx and finds the camera in the registration panel - has a green video icon but underneath amongst the green dots of the others, displays a RED dot. bu**er!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, wasn't expecting all of the above and so quickly!
Have just modified the 192.168.0.10 to my Dahua NVR's 10.1.1.xx and finds the camera in the registration panel - has a green video icon but underneath amongst the green dots of the others, displays a RED dot. bu**er!
More details might help:

1) Did you reset the cam?
2) What is the model of the Dahua NVR?
3) In the NVR's webGUI, is there a label for the column where the red icon appears that provides any clues?

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SORTED!
Actually read the instructions and realised that I had 2 devices vying for the same IP address. So removed the other 192.168.0.10 and the camera came online.
Many thanks guys for your help. Have got another question but I’ll start a new thread