Help!

Reaction score
I have a 4 year old Dahua NVR that has developed an annoying problem with spontaneously restarting itself. I tried cleaning it out and replacing the HD, but still does it. I bought a new Dahua NVR through Andy, and today I swapped the HD into it, and placed the new one into service.

I have 6 cameras, which are all Dahua, and a mixture of PTZ, Starlight, and driveway cams. The 2 small cameras that were the most recently replaced (1 year ago) immediately synced up and worked. The other cameras show up in the list, but have the red dot beside them showing no sync. I have tried entering the password into each camera to no avail. I tried manually resetting the cameras that allow for that, with no change.

Part of the problem, is my old system was lenient on the password and allowed the use of a password without special characters, etc. The new one required them. That means the old password CAN'T be the new password, because the new NVR won't accept it.

What can I do? I am about to put the HD back into the old NVR for now, and admit defeat.......ugh?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you factory reset the cameras and then plug them into the NVR, it should start the process over.

Try unplugging the camera and then push and hold in the reset button and plug the POE back in and listen for the IR filter to click 5 times. Sometimes they don't factory reset on the first go.

Reaction score
2 of the cameras don't have a reset button, and the camera that does have a reset button, I cycled multiple times, and also restarted the NVR, and never got it to sync up.

I put the old NVR back together, and it is back running. Hope to research this and see what other options are possible.

This password protection on these cameras is really overkill!

Reaction score
I read about, and watched the procedure, to change a forgotten password on YouTube and other Security pages. If I do change the password, will it automatically import that password to the cameras?

I am thinking about changing the password to a longer string of characters, that the new NVR will allow, then attempt to switch everything again, this time keeping everything with the same user id and password, identical.........