Help

Cbrehm

n3wb
Reaction score
I live in the country, No internet except for I phones, LTE Have to use outside antenna and booster to get service.
Need cameras with SD cards that can access with our phones. Too far between cameras to wire.
Do not want to have to pull SD card to see. If our phone is within range we need full access. Prefer pan tilt We have power available at all locations.
So need something that would be its own hotspot without internet or network. up to 450! between cameras.

Cbrehm

n3wb
Reaction score
On a bridge system.
1. Would a bridge be required at every camera? What bridge for a wireless connection at 2.4 GHZ (want the longer range)
2. for 8 cameras what router would I need?
3 What cameras would you suggest for pan/tilt?
I have a wired Night Owl system at store (not happy)

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A router is used to connect different networks. Without internet, you don’t need a router or a modem. Just assign IP addresses manually on the cameras and the PC and you have your network.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How "long range" do you need? The M5, 5Ghz series, is good for a few kilometers minimum.

Cbrehm

n3wb
Reaction score
Only need 450-500 ft through a few walls, The camera range is the main problem through walls. I understood that 2.4ghs was best for that?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On a bridge system.
1. Would a bridge be required at every camera? What bridge for a wireless connection at 2.4 GHZ (want the longer range)
2. for 8 cameras what router would I need?
3 What cameras would you suggest for pan/tilt?
I have a wired Night Owl system at store (not happy)

Start with post image above; Tony’s, how many locations, how far apart? How many cameras at each location? Do you have power and/or line of sight to house at/from every location?

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that these bridge devices are weatherproof and are not large or heavy, They can easily be mounted outside.

I have a Loco Nano M5 pair running for a few years now. The remote end is actually inside a shed so it's going through an asphalt roof and plywood to the house end which is behind a double pane thermal window. The distance is not long, just under 100 feet, but the signal strength shows as maximum at both ends.

Cbrehm

n3wb
Reaction score
house.jpg
Red dot will be computer. black dots cameras Wife think she wants one more camera but not sure yet.
As I used Goggle to get this pic, Most of the trees are gone and turned into yard. Have omni directional antenna on silver roof building and underground(in conduit) cable to red dot for wifi. Without we get no phone reception on our phones.
Permanent I phone 6 for hot spot at red dot, USB connection for power and data to computer. Signal from hot spot will not reach but 30' Standard house walls All cameras are outside. Need day/night cameras. Would be nice if we could connect to DDR computer with our phones.
Have power at all camera locations ( we over killed on electrical outlets). Thanks for all the help

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m assuming yellow figures are distance in feet? The two furthest out buildings appear to be same measurement but over twice the distance? The 450 one doesn’t have a red line

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Apparently I insulted site admin/owner, best of to the rest of you

Cbrehm

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m assuming yellow figures are distance in feet?
Yes
The two furthest out buildings appear to be same measurement but over twice the distance?
That dock goes out a lot farther

The 450 one doesn’t have a red line
Just assume it does