Here to find solutions to save my house!

hionhifi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got my 20P Kit today. About to begin the installation tonight. Is their anything I should do before disconnecting the old LynxR 2 Panel?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my 20P Kit today. About to begin the installation tonight. Is their anything I should do before disconnecting the old LynxR 2 Panel?
leave it powered on, you may want to check how things were programmed on the lynx.

hionhifi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
leave it powered on, you may want to check how things were programmed on the lynx.
Good idea Tangent. I didn't end up needing the old Lynx though. Programming the 20P from the 6160RF isn't bad. Everything is wired up. Now comes the programming of zones and tidying up. One thing I completely messed up was the actual panel that goes on the wall. For some reason I thought cutting the loop that secures the lock to the box was a good idea. Now I have to find an alternative method to close the door. Plant hand in face! Duh. :screwy:

hionhifi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a large rectangular window with entry's on the left and right with wireless Honeywell 5816 sensors on them. Does anyone know you go about programming this? I have 14 sensors and only 7 wireless zones. As you can see there isn't enough zones to accommodate every sensor as an individual zone. I would think the windows can be programmed into a single zone?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a large rectangular window with entry's on the left and right with wireless Honeywell 5816 sensors on them. Does anyone know you go about programming this? I have 14 sensors and only 7 wireless zones. As you can see there isn't enough zones to accommodate every sensor as an individual zone. I would think the windows can be programmed into a single zone?
yes there are. vista 20-p can do up to 48 total zones, of which up to 40 can be wireless.
Your choice of wireless receiver determines the number of wireless zones you can use.
The 6160RF can support the maximum number of zones your panel supports.
keyfobs use 4 wireless zones each.

hionhifi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tangent thanks for the info. I got them programmed in. Now all that's left is naming the zones. Then it'll be done.