HeroSpeed IPC RTSP Stream

pakito_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for the RTSP stream for a HeroSpeed camera IPC model.

I have tried the following with any luck: rtsp://IPADDRESS:80/0

I configured the camera to stream 1920x1080 H.264

Thanks in advance.

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
RTSP usually works with port 554 (which is the default for the protocol) but can be changed in some cameras.
Try with the following paths:
rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/ch0_0.h264
rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/cam1/onvif-h264

If the camera supports ONVIF, try connecting to it with Onvif Device Manager (free download, google), it will show you the RTSP path under Live view.

pakito_

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks mkkoskin it is weird I got it work on VLC but not on the application I am trying to use.

I just realised the cameras are Longse LIRBA200.

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which application are you using? If it works on VLC, you have the correct path, it could be that the software you're using cannot decode the stream correctly, in which case you probably wont get it to work there.
You could try switching the stream from H.264 to MPEG-4 if this is possible, then obviously the RTSP path might be different as well.

naviathan

n3wb
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I have a Longse camera as well with the Herospeed firmware. I'm having issues as well with the streams. Apparently the firmware uses Live 555 Media Streaming server to push the video out over port 80. Which means the camera does some kind of protocol switching on port 80 based on whether you're accessing from a browser or a video player. VLC pulls it in fine using rtsp:/192.168.0.200:80/0 (this is for the main stream). But gstreamer has issues with this. When I push to a file with gstreamer I get a single frame and VLC fails to play the video. I contacted Longse (my camera is an LBH24A300) and they gave me this:
For the RTSP, it is /rtsp:IP address+RTSP port/0(main stream) 1(sub stream).
Not the best information unfortunately. Has anyone else figured out either a direct stream URI or how to change the RTSP port?

UPDATE: I have figured out that inorder for programs like gstreamer and ffmpeg to correctly grab the stream you MUST specify TCP protocol. This seems to work for this camera. In gstreamer is as easy as loading the URI with rtspt:/ instead of rtsp:/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
@mkkoskin and @naviathan had the trick for me.
Changing my stream to TCP/554 instead of UDP/80 made a huge difference for my camera setup. I used Zoneminder to ONVIF tem. then tweaked the settings to TCP port 554.
rtsp:/admin:mysecurepassword@192.168.1.211:554/0

Reaction score
I just wanted to say, that I have a Polish branded HeroSpeed camera called Zintronic, and I managed to connect it to the motioneye.
It's very similar, so in case somebody has the same issue....

Use TCP/IP Camera from list,fill username/pass, and your url is:
Code:
rtsp:/192.168.77.184:554/onvif