Hey I Need Help In Setting up a new Blue iris system (I am new to using this)

Hershey

n3wb
Reaction score
Specs
CPU: Intel i7-12700K
Ram: 64 GB DDR4
GPU (Ordered, not Installed yet): GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 D6 OC 4G
Blue Iris Full: I believe it is the latest one you can download

Cameras
We will be running 34 Cameras
1 - Lorex PTZ 2k LNZ44P12B
11 - Lorex Nocturnal Series N3 4K LNE9242B
22 - Hikvision (I don't know the model number)

Problem
1) My CPU usage is really high, around 90%. I have reduced the FPS on the IP camera to 15. I did disk-to-recording, and the GPU is set up at Intel. My question is, will adding the GPU help me decrease my CPU usage? If not, can you please suggest another way to decrease my CPU Usage without lowering the quality of recording?
2) I am not able to control/move my PTZ camera. Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you follow the wiki recommendations?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Especially set up sub streams, as part of the above wiki link and here:

Hershey

n3wb
Reaction score
+1^^^.
Especially set up sub streams, as part of the above wiki link and here:

Thank you so much I added the sub streams and my cpu ussage went down to <40%!!! :)

Hershey

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you follow the wiki recommendations?

Thank you so much I added the sub streams and my cpu ussage went down to <40%!!! :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Something still isn't right. That device should be able to be less than that. People are running 50 cameras on a 4th generation with less CPU% than you are.

Try the Dahua protocols under the PTZ control in BI and see if that gets you control of the PTZ.

The GPU will only help if you plan to run a lot of codeproject on cameras.

Around the time AI was introduced in BI, many here had their system become unstable with hardware acceleration on (even if not using DeepStack or CodeProject). Some have also been fine. I started to see errors when I was using hardware acceleration several updates into when AI was added.

This hits everyone at a different point. Some had their system go wonky immediately, some it was after a specific update, and some still don't have a problem, but the trend is showing running hardware acceleration will result in a problem at some point.

However, with substreams being introduced, the CPU% needed to offload video to a GPU (internal or external) is more than the CPU% savings seen by offloading to a GPU. Especially after about 12 cameras, the CPU goes up by using hardware acceleration.

My CPU % went down by not using hardware acceleration. Here is a recent thread where someone turned off hardware acceleration based on my post and their CPU dropped 10-15% and BI became stable.

A GPU is only needed if you plan to do a lot of CodeProject, which would be insane as most find the AI in the cameras to be more than enough.

But if you use HA, use plain intel and not the variants.

Some still don't have a problem, but eventually it may result in a problem.

Here is a sampling of recent threads that turning off HA fixed the issues they were having....

No hardware acceleration with subs?

Hardware decoding just increases GPU usage?

Can't enable HA on one camera + high Bitrate

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In your camera settings, under RECORD, at the bottom in the setting for record format, are you recording direct to disk?