HFW1320S won't hold time setting

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the subject camera and whenever I reboot my NVR5126-16P-4KS2, the camera's time display is off by 15 hours. I have the Date&Time settings in the NVR set to MM-DD-YYYY, 12-Hour, and GMT-7.00. This one camera is on my LAN so I can use MSIE to make the same settings in the camera. I make certain to do SEVERAL saves. I also have the synchronize with ntp option checked, and use pool.ntp.org every 30 minutes. I have two other cameras for testing that are attached to PoE ports on the NVR, and I do not know if they have this issue too.

But if the NVR is rebooted for any reason, and I am doing a lot of that while I get more familiar with it, the camera settings change the timezone back to GMT+8.00 so the time display for this camera is 15 hours ahead.

Now to confuse things a little bit, I have disabled the ntp settings in the camera. The time display on the screen is now correct, but in the camera itself, the GMT is still getting changed from GMT-7.00 back to GMT+8.00. Why does the camera keep changing it???

The problem only seems to be the time displayed on the screen because the data from all three of my test cameras seems to be well synchronized. That tells me that it is the NVR that is time-stamping the data as it is recorded. But I can still see some potential legal ramifications if this had to be used in court.

Thanks,

Wayne

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had also some issues with cams in LAN which could talk to NTP. My NVR sets time to all cams which are connected in any kind. PoE or LAN doesn't matter. From now I do not make any changes in the time settings of the cams anymore. The NVR handles it well. From the NVR I could also use . as a date separator which is usual in Germany. The cams are not familiar with this. If I go into it e settings in the cam and save that, the cam reboots, because it only knows - as a separator.