HFW1831E 2.8mm vs 4mm

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I knew there was a difference but didn't think it was this much. I like the 4mm better then the 2.8 while wider not much use on the left side or far back. I just need two 4mm and wouldn't need the PTZ.

2.8mm.jpg4mm.jpg

Reaction score
PTZ auto track, which will zoom in for better facial identification. See the person walking in the background? I can't identify other than a man in black. But i have the 1831 on my porch and in my backyard a good addition to my surveillance arsenal.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PTZ auto track, which will zoom in for better facial identification. See the person walking in the background? I can't identify other than a man in black. But I have the 1831 on my porch and in my backyard a good addition to my surveillance arsenal.
I have a PTZ as well already and has auto track. I just use that as an overall view and don't really care about anything past the first row of cars, and for that even the HFW1831E is fine for the most part.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you take another shot with the 2.8mm, but with the LDC turned on?

Camera>Conditions>LDC

I'm just curious to see how that will compare to the 4mm FOV. Thanks

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you take another shot with the 2.8mm, but with the LDC turned on?

Camera>Conditions>LDC

I'm just curious to see how that will compare to the 4mm FOV. Thanks
I would if I could, but I pulled the 2.8mm and put the 4mm in its place. Not sure what LDC is will look it up never messed with it.