HFW4300S v2 keeps reverting to MJPEG

joyork

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently bought a DH-IPC-HFW4300S V2 from Aliexpress and I've discovered an annoying bug. Whenever I set the video output to h.264 or h.264h the camera reverts back to mjpeg within about 10 seconds or so.

I've tried logging in through the web interface and also through the Smart PSS software, but each time I change it the camera changes it back.

This only seems to happen to the primary stream, but that's the most important.

The firmware version is 2.420.0004.0.R, build : 2014-11-03 and all the menus in the camera are in English.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive seen this happen when something requests the HTTP MJPEG video stream instead of the RSTP h264 stream, it instructs it to change encoders..
Do you have anything trying to access http://<ip-address>/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi ? A NVR Perhaps or OpenALPR?

joyork

n3wb
Reaction score
Aha! I think you may be right!

I'm in the process of testing various solutions so I've closed down all processes on all devices and the camera now appears to be behaving itself... when I view the stream using VLC it's now using the h.264 codec and has done so for the past half an hour.

Thank you for your help. Also, thanks for the other contributions you make to this forum.