HFW5241E-Z12E-S2 install in Blue IRIS

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure where to ask this question so starting here,

Can I get a little help installing a IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E-S2 ?

I bought it from Andy and it is running the firmware it came with, System Version: 3.100.0000000.5.R Build Date:2023-05-09

I'm running BI version 5.7.9.12

I get non stop Events: subscription 8000ffff for that camera, I also note no zoom control via BI goes along with that issuse.

zoom however funtions normally in its web gui and via ONVIF software.

The first time it happen a simple "default" reset corrected the prolbem via the web gui but didn't last 12 hours.

This time I did a hard reset via the button on the camera and still no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the cam in BI, restarted BI restarted the computer restarted the router, switch and broadband router (has nothing to do with it but restarted it anyway) and no help.

I uninstall the camera from bi, hard reset the camera, reintianalise it add it back to the network 10.0.0.XXX no other changes the event error whatever starts again.

No motion sense of any kind and no IVS rule set in the camera via its gui, nor any in BI yet Events: subscription 8000ffff persists.

I'm at a loss and must be missing something simple?

A screen shot of the config window,

Screenshot 2023-11-05 180904.png

Thank you for any help you can offer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See this thread.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See this thread.

Ok great thank you very much, that seems to have corrected the problem.

No more Events: subscription 8000ffff and zoom function has returned. I have it setup to get plates leaving the driveway, a work in progress....

I would like to add that I did use the search function first before posting looking for help. Some hits yes however that one wasn't in with em, gotta work on my search skills too I guess!