Hi from Manchester...

funkysnow

n3wb
Reaction score
complete newbie - to forum and camera systems!
quite chuffed I've managed to get a 4 camera system from hikvision up and running at home.
all working well and just getting to grips with it all through trial and error and a bit of internet surfing..
off to checkout some threads and posts as I can't quite figure something out in case there are already answers...
i have set up intrusion detection on 2 of the cameras, but it doesn't seem to want to let me do it on any more - resource issue.
not sure if thats just the way it is, on my system - it can only work on 50% of the cameras, or whether if I play around with smaller areas, switch off continuous recording then it might be happy for me to set it up on more cameras...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

If I understand your question properly, to even be able to guess what's wrong we need the make, model and firmware revisions of the cameras. All cameras have a CPU, of sorts, and they are nowhere nearly as powerful as even a smartphone. The same is true of the amount of memory. That can easily lead to running out of resources.

funkysnow

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.
I have 4 colourvue hikvision cameras, 5MP PoC
They are running on a hikvision embedded net dvr, 7208HUHI-K2/P
I can't remember the exact memory I put on, but I get 1 week of continuous recording of the 4 cameras before it overwrites itself.
Nothing has been upgraded, just as it came out of the box about a year ago.
The error message when I try to set up intrusion on the 3rd camera is "No enough resource. Please disable the following functions in "VCA" settings menu: 1 A2A4 line crossing detection or intrusion detection".
As A2 and A4 are the cameras that have intrusion detection set up - I am interpreting it and after trial and error have found it only seems to allow 2 cameras to have intrusion detection set up. I can seem to adjust the areas as much as I want but it doesn't like me adding a 3rd camera.
I can probably live with it - and will just select the 2 most useful cameras to have it - but wondered what is causing it to be restricted to just 2 cameras.
Also thinking ahead - need to understand why it doesn't work as I was thinking about maybe adding more cameras to the system.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi and welcome too the forum.

While im not familiar with hikvision it's recommended to change the camera settings on the cameras themselves and not the nvr.

I'm sure if it will make a difference but my thinking is that if the cameras are doing the intrusion monitoring themselves you would be freeing up resources on the nvr.

Good luck

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
While im not familiar with hikvision it's recommended to change the camera settings on the cameras themselves and not the nvr.

I'm sure if it will make a difference but my thinking is that if the cameras are doing the intrusion monitoring themselves you would be freeing up resources on the nvr.
It's an analogue system, the DVR is doing all the heavy work, the cameras are just providing an analogue video feed.