Hi from the Newbie... im having trouble

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is a bit of an introduction and help thread.

Im from Perth, Western Australia, Australia.. trying to install a hikvision 7608 nvr and 8 ds-2cd3345 PoE cameras, im having lotsss of dramas and was wondering if someone could come to the rescue and help me out

Cheers guys

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What model of 7608 is it? Does it have PoE ports?
How far have you got, what have you done so far?
What problem are you stuck on?

Reaction score
What model of 7608 is it? Does it have PoE ports?
How far have you got, what have you done so far?
What problem are you stuck on?
7608NI-E2/8P

Im not sure of how to set it up at all.. i downloaded ivms, plugged my Lan cable into the lan port on the nvr and a camera in port 1 to try and configure it but the camera doesn't appear on the device screen, only the nvr

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to access the NVR web GUI from a browser on your PC.
When prompted at the login screen, install the browser plugin 'webcomponents'. That will be required in order to configure the NVR and cameras, save changes, and use Live View.
When you try to log in to the NVR - you may be required to create a strong password before you can access it.
There may be a minimum firmware version required on the NVR for your 3345 cameras.
When you are able to log in - what shows as the firmware version in the configuration screen?

Going forward - you will benefit from having the Hikvision tool SADP installed on your PC.
This will allow discovery and network configuration of the cameras, and the NVR.