Hi Guys from Australia

Adam.V

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,
i am currently researching a completely new security system for my home. I will be upgrading from http://www.swann.com/au/r-swnvk-470724it has done its job for the last 2 years but now is playing up and the quality is poor. i do hope, i can use the current 10/100 ethereal cable for the latest poe cameras. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Currently i am covering the driveway, front door, back yard and laundry door. I am open to suggestions as i never did any real research before i bought and installed these :( i guess im paying for it now.

upload_2017-9-21_20-29-2.png

Adam.V

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, that will be the camera i will buy. Just researching a cost effective system to run them,.

Adam.V

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys. Well i now am all set. i just cant figure some ip stuff out. It seems this could be due to the aussie nbn, i can't change my ip from 10.0.x.x to 192.168.x.x. i am really stuck. My tp-link TL-SG2210P seems to be on 192.168 also so ATM i cant access it either. My 4 Dahua IPC-HDW5231r-z show up on config tool but i cant seem to change there ip either in the program.
Will be running blue iris also

Update. Managed to change the poe switch to the 10.0.x.x but still cant change the camera ip.

Update 3 hours later. I got it! needed to set the poe and pc to the default camera setting and set each one, one by one to my ip. what a mission!

Last edited: