Hi there, newbie here looking for advice

Liamh1990

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to all this I have recently purchased a Wi-Fi p2p spy camera aswell as cctv for my home. My cctv cameras all work as should however the spy camera I have bought will not . It does not have an Ethernet cable as it is so small so it needs connect through Wi-Fi. At the first use i turned it on, used my phone to connect to its signal and paired it with my router and all was fine. Then it disconnected so i reset the camera and deleted the link from the app. Since then when I try to connect to the camera every time I get " cannot obtain ip address" could anyone point me in the right direction for help with this? Thanks

Liamh1990

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, it doesn' let me configure it with the router until the camera is connected on my phone as you need to configure it using the live up cam app. However because of it not connecting I cannot get that to that part.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, it doesn' let me configure it with the router until the camera is connected on my phone as you need to configure it using the live up cam app. However because of it not connecting I cannot get that to that part.
If it is for sure 'P2P' then you likely can only connect and view with smartphone app. You cannot view with PC, tablet, etc. browser via your LAN.
If it's P2P, then likely it has no accessible HTTP or RTSP stream anyway.

Liamh1990

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Ive been trying with it again today. Don' understand how i had it working but now everything I trying it won't obtain an ip. I've had a look through my virgin media router settings and tried turning off my firewall etc still no joy. I planned on having it mounted in the peep hole on my front door to see remotely who is there. I'e attached a picture of what I've bought starting to think ive been ripped off with a Chinese knock off

Attachments