Hi!

Dolamite

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive been a frequent lurker and recently registered. I'm currently having a home built with a few camera pre-wires for the first floor since that would be more difficult/messy with no attic access for me to utilize. I have 1 IPC-HDW4431C-A 4MP coming in on a slow boat from china for me to test out as well as an OptiPlex 9020 i5 4590 on its way from the Dell Outlet. I'm still researching/price checking poe switches as well as high capacity hard drives and the tools required to make and run my own cables.

nhracecraft

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings from the Granite State. Welcome aboard!

Great deal ($125 shipped!) from @vector18 on WD Purple 4TB HDD's here:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14191-I-have-10-brand-new-Western-Digital-4tb-purple-drives-FS

I recently purchased WD Purple NV HDD's from Amazon at a very good price. I'm a Prime member so they arrived quickly, and very well packaged I might add! What VMS do you plan on running? Many here run Blue Iris, but as of 10/10/16 Milestone Essential is available for FREE for up to 8 cams w/ NO recording limit! :cool: I recently purchased a SFF Dedicated PC for my own system and I'm VERY Seriously considering Milestone myself right now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolamite

n3wb
Reaction score
I was planning on using BI. Ill have to check out Milestone, though I suspect that once I get hooked on installing cameras Ill end up with more than 8. I tend to go overboard when I start a project. I am a few posts shy of being able to PM @vector18 for one of his drives. Amazon currently is out of stock on the non NV WD Purples (4TB).

Last edited by a moderator: