Hickvision Setup Issues

wil225

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm very new to this world so please bear with me...

I have just purchaced the below;
Hikvision 4 Channel 4K NVR with 4 PoE Ports (DS-7604NI-K1-4P)
Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS 4 MegaPixel IP PoE WiFi Dome Camera with 30m IR Night Vision 2.8mm Lens
Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS 4 MegaPixel IP PoE WiFi Dome Camera with 30m IR Night Vision 4mm Lens

I've connected a monitor to the NVR & created a user & password etc & then connected the cameras (testing only one at a time so far) by a cat5 cable. The cameras appear on the viewing software but they then dissapear after a few minutes, this happened with both cameras. Now they're not seen at all. I have since tried to activate them by connecting them directly through the router & the laptop (both via cat5) & neither the SADP Tool or the iVMS-4200 softwares can see the cameras. I have tried 3 different cables too to rule that out.

I've contacted the sellers who told me to contact Hickvision, wich I have , but in the meantime can anyone help me trouble shoot this please?

Thanks in advance

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you connected the camera directly to the router, did you connect a 12v power supply? Since most routers do not have POE ports so the camera will not turn on.
I suggest you connect the camera directly to the laptop and assign a static IP, then use SADP and see if it detects it.

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use SADP to find out the IP of the camera.
Connect to it through the web browser and then reset it to default, it should work.

Also use one port for one camera, e.g. camera 1 to port 1 then camera 2 to port 2. Don't use camera 1 to port 1 then camera 2 to port 2. It seems to mess it up if you do it that way

wil225

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

I connected them (with power this time!) to my PC via SADP. One of the cameras showed as active & the second camera was inactive, so went through the procedure asigning a password etc to activate it. I don't know how the first camera could be active though...

I'll try connecting to the NVR at the weekend & see if they are visible.