Hidden IP Camera in wall

Domi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am searching for a while now for an IP camera which can be installed into an outside wall.

I know these cameras exist because I knew somebody who had such a camera placed in his will several years ago.
But I cannot seem to find such a camera anywhere.

The closest I came to find is the Axis P1214 Pinhole camera, but this one is obviously designed for pinholes.

Does anyone have suggestions of know what kind of camera I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dominic

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's the Hikvision version of that Axis- Hikvision DS-2CD6412FWD-30 1.3MP Covert Camera Review

But apparently not exactly what you want...

If you need weatherproof then consider a mini bullet with the IRs possibly turned off hidden in the wall. Might work fine in a rough finished wall. You'll likely need to install a weatherproof junction box as well.

Lots of "covert" options available but most of the cams are indoor rated with no built-in IR and many don't have the ability to see IR even if you supply it with an external illuminator. They sacrifice a lot of function to shrink their size.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The performance hit you take to use one of these cameras renders it almost useless.

If you want something less obtrusive consider this wedge/mini-dome style Dahua Starlight: IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why is there no pricing on their site, what is a good place to buy Dahua cameras?
They don't sell direct to consumer. Their newer products haven't found there way to US distributors and when they do you'll pay a lot more than direct from china.
Check out this thread and some of the related links: Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

This specific camera isn't easy to find on Ali Express. If you contact @EMPIRETECANDY by clicking start conversation on the forum he can probably special order it.