HiDDNS and IVMS-4500

jamuller

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I currently have a Hikvision DS-7608NI with 8 cameras. It has performed flawless since installed in 2016, and I have been able to use the IVMS-4500 app on my iPhone or IPad without issue. Recently the remote view stopped working. I did a google search and found the following:

DDNS - Login – hik-online.com
http://www.hik-online.com › ddns

Hikvision plans to discontinue the iVMS-4500 software and HiDDNS service from February 15, 2022. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

That was a cached result from Google, as the hik-online.com site is down.

Anybody know what my options are now to view the cameras remotely ? Surely I am not the only person in this situation. I have gotten so used to it the past 5-6 years I am starting to go through withdrawls !

Thanks,

-Joe

jamuller

n3wb
Reaction score
After reading through this forum, I realize I didn't give the exact model.

The exact model is DS7608NI-E2/8P. I have never updated the firmware on it. Guess that would be a good place to start ?

jamuller

n3wb
Reaction score
With that model, it should be possible to do an upgrade of it's firmware to make it function with Hikconnect.
Or you can always add it through a DDNS in Hikconnect, but that requires port forwarding in router (eeewwww).
Thank for your response. On the USA site I notice I am actually 1 firmware behind (2017) from the most recent (Aug 2019.) Do I need to apply that first ? I keep seeing on their website that it says you have to apply them in order and can't skip an update. Also I noticed there was an Australia FW update for my model released in December, but it is not available in the US yet. Do you think it would cause an issue if I applied that one ? One last question, should I update the FW on my cameras as well ? I have had no issue with them.