High loading CPU when enabled HTTP server.

Molotok05

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Sorry for my English.
I need your help.
There are 4 PC with the same configuration:
CPU: I7-4790
RAM: DDR3- 16G
Rocket RAID 2720 (Stripe)
HDD WDC WD80PURZ -3X8T (no concern at the moment)
On 3 PC installed Win7 SP1 and on 4 installed Win10 (1803).
Also each of them has licensed BI 4.7.6.8
First couple of PC's represent Group_A with 25 connected video-cameras to each computer.
Second couple of PC's represent Group_B with 26 connected video-cameras to each computer.
It was for organization Backup-like system ;)
Video-cameras are 4Mp Amcrest.
Before that moment all worked fine ,almost fine :).
After this we bought mobile version BI to use it on such device like smartphones and tablets.
So, after each mobile device has been setting up , next we set up BI on each the PC itself.
Specifically was enabled web server in BI tab, also port for connection, IP address for Remote access.
Configured access rules on firewall and voila ...I have an issue =((.
Once anyone has connection via Remote (BI mobile app) to any PC with BI than encounter arise loading CPU up to 100 %.
Without enabled web-server again all work fine.
It would be great and appreciated get some help from BI-united.

Molotok05

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using "Limit decoding unless required" on some or all of the cameras? This setting could be responsible for your trouble.

See the "Limit decoding unless required" section at the bottom of this page for more information: Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk
Thank you for replaying!
Yes I'm using this setting.
I hadn't any issue before I enabled HTTP on BI web-server tab.
All CPU optimization was be done.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well then the problem is that the "Limit decode" setting is being turned off temporarily for some of the cameras, and your system is getting too overloaded when this happens to too many cameras at the same time.

Read the last paragraph from the wiki page:

Many users turn this feature on for all their cameras without understanding it, but love the drastic CPU usage savings it provides. Later, they discover that their server's CPU usage hits 100% when they connect to Blue Iris through the web interface or a client app. This happens because remote camera viewing temporarily disables the "limit decoding" feature, and viewing the "All cameras" group disables it for all cameras at the same time! You can prevent this on a per-group basis by unchecking the box "Require/decode all camera frames when streaming" in Blue Iris's group settings panel:

If changing this setting does not fully solve your problem, then you will need to go through all the other optimization steps outlined in that wiki page. You may even need to start reducing camera frame rates because 25x 4MP cameras at 15 FPS creates a 1500 MP/s load which is too much for that CPU without the "Limit decode" feature being on for many of the cameras.

Molotok05

n3wb
Reaction score
Well then the problem is that the "Limit decode" setting is being turned off temporarily for some of the cameras, and your system is getting too overloaded when this happens to too many cameras at the same time.

Read the last paragraph from the wiki page:

If changing this setting does not fully solve your problem, then you will need to go through all the other optimization steps outlined in that wiki page. You may even need to start reducing camera frame rates because 25x 4MP cameras at 15 FPS creates a 1500 MP/s load which is too much for that CPU without the "Limit decode" feature being on for many of the cameras.
Thank you so much,
I'll be check this.