High RAM Utilization When Wifi Goes Down

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently had a bug in my wifi access points that would cause 5Ghz to disappear. BI RAM utilization would peg out at 70-80% and wouldn’t go down even after I rebooted APs.

Is this normal or a bug?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some have seen spikes when a camera was lost in BI, so I take it that when the AP went down you lost a camera?

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would need more info. Are you using WIFI cams? Is the BI PC connected to the WIFI AP? Are the cams going through a router or AP to get to the BI PC?

A network diagram would be helpful.
I have 4 wifi cameras and one wired. I have two Ubiquity AC-Lite APs.

It did it again and I got all kinds of faults and had to reboot the server running BI twice to get things back to normal interestingly. The first reboot was a black screen and I think Windows was writing logs to disk while BI was trying to start and both are write intensive. I’m also running the first version of 1.6.8 CPAI. I know 2.x.x is out but…

Everything is pretty much beta these days and I recently retired from an IT job and chasing the holy grail of getting the right version of BI and CPAI is getting in the way of my full retirement.

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the CPAI gurus here told me to wait until 2.x came out which was may a couple months back. I thought 2.x was going to come out maybe a month later but it came out a couple days after he told me to wait and then it just looks like version after version after version after version and everything says beta. I think when I have some time, I’ll get a recommendation from everyone on the two versions everyone recommends like their favorite wine and cheese pairing.