high strangeness - NVR changing settings?

bcarpenter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok ..... got a NVR5216-16P-4KS2E.

D1 = SD49225XA-HNR

D2 = IPC-T5442T-ZE

D3 = IPC-color 4K-X

Set up D1 with a smart plan and IVS (intrusion (appear and cross)). Triggering D1 also records D3. Triggering performance is inconsistent. How do I turn up sensitivity?

Now for the strangeness. I set up D2 and D3 under SMD. Trigger on human and cars. "Enabled" is set on both. "Schedule" set on both. "Recording" set on both. I can come back to these settings later and they show they have been saved.

This morning, I go into the IVS settings and all is normal. I go into the SMD settings and both D2 and D3 are not enabled. ?? I have upgraded to the newest bios on the NVR.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you doing all this directly from NVR? It’s recommended to log into the NVR from your computer via the old internet explorer (ie)

Also can try login to each individual camera via ie and set each individual camera the way you like.

bcarpenter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you doing all this directly from NVR? It’s recommended to log into the NVR from your computer via the old internet explorer (ie)

Yes; been programming the NVR directly. I will try programming it thru Explorer 11.

Note: I was accessing the cams thru Explorer and I think I must have exited non-gracefully because I can no longer pull up a Dahua login screen for the SD49225. To program it, this PTZ had to be plugged directly into a switch and be accessed from Explorer without the NVR being involved.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The best way is to get into the camera GUI. To get into the camera GUI, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1642813307223.png

bcarpenter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just found something that may be the culprit. When SMD is enabled, the same channel is enabled in "Alarm --> video detection --> motion detection". Turning off the enable on the channel in Alarm --> video detection turns off the enable for the same channel in SMD. Apparently, these two menus are linked.

On the old system, enabling "motion detection" resulted in hours of recordings of moving shadows and wind blown grass, etc. Was hoping to avoid that. Maybe using the "Region" setting to shrink the area in motion detection will be effective.

bcarpenter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The best way is to get into the camera GUI. To get into the camera GUI, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

You had coached me on this before and it helped a lot. Pale Moon would get me into the SD49225 but as you've pointed out in other posts, I was not able to save my new settings for tracking time in seconds.

That's why I had to access this one camera by plugging it into the switch. Then I could log into the camera with Explorer 11. The other two cams were programmed using the method you specified thru the NVR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow - yet another wrinkle with the 49225 LOL - that thing really is sensitive to browser and won't let you access thru the NVR e icon!

bcarpenter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow - yet another wrinkle with the 49225 LOL - that thing really is sensitive to browser and won't let you access thru the NVR e icon!

The 49225 allowed me to login it to it once but I think I was too "rough" exiting and did not log out gracefully from the screens. From that point on, I could not get the Dahua login screen on that one cam.

I've been real careful to logout of the other cams and so far I can still access D2 and D3. Maybe the 49225 is just sensitive to careless operators? :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect it is more something with Windows and they snuck Edge in on you LOL.

bcarpenter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I suspect it is more something with Windows and they snuck Edge in on you LOL.

I don't doubt they would try. :)

I resurrected this copy of Windows 7 on a machine stored in the back room from 2014. The "about" item in Explorer claims:

IE11 Version 11.0.9600.16428