High traffic usage by NVR 4432 Dahua when Video Detection is enabled.

Reaction score
Hello

From the Alaram> Video Detection option, when I activate several channels and open the SmartPSS software, a lot of traffic is imposed on the network by about 30%!
When I disable the channels in the Video Detection section, the traffic becomes zero.
what's the reason?

Thanks

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello

From the Alaram> Video Detection option, when I activate several channels and open the SmartPSS software, a lot of traffic is imposed on the network by about 30%!
When I disable the channels in the Video Detection section, the traffic becomes zero.
what's the reason?

Thanks
Because the computer is the media server for the system, instead of it being a piece of software logging into a NVR/media server to view it. If you are using the computer to record, then you should be running two ethernet interfaces, one for the cam network and the other for the computer/internet network.

Reaction score
Because the computer is the media server for the system, instead of it being a piece of software logging into a NVR/media server to view it. If you are using the computer to record, then you should be running two ethernet interfaces, one for the cam network and the other for the computer/internet network.
I use NVR4432 device and use SmartPSS software to view cameras.

This problem becomes troublesome when I try to open the SmartPSS software from another branch of our company, it fills all the network traffic, I just need to open the software and do not even activate any camera. I think this is a bug of the SmartPSS software or maybe the NVR itself.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use NVR4432 device and use SmartPSS software to view cameras.

This problem becomes troublesome when I try to open the SmartPSS software from another branch of our company, it fills all the network traffic, I just need to open the software and do not even activate any camera. I think this is a bug of the SmartPSS software or maybe the NVR itself.
NVRs, unless they have incorporated outbound compression, use typically 150-300Mbps on remote viewing from the network with software.
Usually the web interface on the NVR is about 10% of this.

Reaction score
The problem is that when "Video detection" is activated, this problem occurs. I just open the smartpss software without activating the camera, about 20 to 30% of the network is busy. Try it yourself.