HIK 2CD2432F-IW (v5.4) : Horrible noise

alexkrycek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I've been on Google for a while, but can't seem to fix this.

I can do 2-way audio, so I know the speakers on the camera work. But after enabling Video&Audio, and playing around with all the codecs and their settings, I cannot hear anything except noise (even from a few inches away). It sounds like when someone butt-dials you. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use Firefox, iVMS-4500 or VLC. Note, I am not using an NVR.

If there is anything else I can troubleshoot or look at, please let me know.

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I've been on Google for a while, but can't seem to fix this.

I can do 2-way audio, so I know the speakers on the camera work. But after enabling Video&Audio, and playing around with all the codecs and their settings, I cannot hear anything except noise (even from a few inches away). It sounds like when someone butt-dials you. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use Firefox, iVMS-4500 or VLC. Note, I am not using an NVR.

If there is anything else I can troubleshoot or look at, please let me know.

Thank you!
If you are near the camera its likely feedback..move to another room and test it.