Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for Hik 2mp motorized turret with low illum. For LPR purposes
Any recommendation?
2.8-12mm is enough for me. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is your distance within 30 feet? Much beyond that a 12mm will not work for plates reliably.

Ability to see in low light is not a requirement for LPR. Shutter speed is the most important component. Most of us run B/W to take advantage of the reflective properties of a plate which is why we can run a faster shutter to get the plates. Once you decide to keep it in color, the shutter speed slows way down and might not be fast enough to actually capture a plate. Very few can run LPR at night in color.

You may have enough light and the car moving slower to capture, but you may also need to decide what is more important - the overview or the plate. Most of us run two cameras.

At night, we have to run a very fast shutter speed (1/2,000) and in B/W with IR and the image will be black. All you will see are head/tail lights and the plate. Some people can get away with color if they have enough street lights, but most of us cannot. Here is a representative sample of plates I get at night of vehicles traveling about 45MPH at 175 feet from my 2MP camera (that is all that is needed for plates):

1636730245490.png

Jomsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cars are about 7meters from camera..
12mm is more than enough for me..
Dahua HFW3241T-ZS is great for my purpose, but I want a whole Hikvision system. And can't find the 3241 due to chip shortage unfortunately