Hik 8mp Mini Bullet

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I ordered an 8 megapixel any bullet from a Chinese dealer. Mainly due to its on board storage capabilities and EXIR Night vision. I had to wait a few weeks because of where it came from. I originally ordered it with a 4 mm lens however, the seller sent me the 2.8 mm lens. The plan for this camera was to cover the front of my house. I plan on putting it at the very far corner on the soffit. The question I have is, is the 2.8 mm lens going to be so broad that pictures will be pixilated at a short distance? Will the 4 mm lens be that much better? If so, I'll certainly return it. If not, I'd rather not wait two weeks plus to get the exchange. I have looked at several comparisons between 2.8 mm lens and 4 mm lens but it's very hard to tell just by looking at other people's pictures. Just hoping for A little advice from people who have used the different lenses before. Thanks in advance!

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IMG_0607.JPG Here is a picture for reference. But again, I know it's hard to look at other people's pictures to figure it out.

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At 8 mp should be no problem at all

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The picture is very nice and it stays fairly clear once zoomed in. The company is willing to take the camera back in Trey for the 4 mm. Should I take the up on the offer or just go ahead and throw this one up? This is the only board camera I have found from hikvision that offers on board storage and face detection.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The picture is very nice and it stays fairly clear once zoomed in. The company is willing to take the camera back in Trey for the 4 mm. Should I take the up on the offer or just go ahead and throw this one up? This is the only board camera I have found from hikvision that offers on board storage and face detection.
Any model in the Hikvision range with a "F" in the model number denotes it has on board storage.

A 4mm lens would be a better solution for that mounting point.

A 4mm Hik Turret (DS-2CD2385FWD-I) would go really nicely on the front of that garage.

You would be better using "Motion" or "Line crossing" detection than Face detection. Much more reliable.