hik and dahua camera both stopped working

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The
Hik was a older 2032 and don’t have the model of the dahua. Was a bullet zoom style.

It’s been a while since being on, I am heading out on vacation soon and would like to replace these two but don’t have time to research with everything going on so I am looking for recommendations for a camera under 200 . Zoom is a plus .

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally home found this was the one i had Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z How does it compare to the one you listed ?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One I linked will blow it out of the water.
Thanks, I will give that one a try! I did happen to notice the info stated ePoe, Do I need anything extra for this camera to operate? Can i Just use my cat 5e cable with out any issues? If I get a break I will read up on the ePoe , Just browsed them But up at 4am tomorrow to make my meeting! Can't wait for vacation! I would like to run a camera over 1000 feet in the near future!
Thanks

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I will give that one a try! I did happen to notice the info stated ePoe, Do I need anything extra for this camera to operate? Can i Just use my cat 5e cable with out any issues? If I get a break I will read up on the ePoe , Just browsed them But up at 4am tomorrow to make my meeting! Can't wait for vacation! I would like to run a camera over 1000 feet in the near future!
Thanks
In a standard install, nothing else is needed out to 328ft.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it was poe powered you might see if it works on the 12vdc power input. I have had this happen and used a poe splitter to power the cam.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns
I had the dahua hfw4431 that died from water intrusion, you said the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE would blow it away, I like the bullet design for a certain area. I was asking what dahua bullet is comparable to the one you recommended that i bought.
Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns
I had the dahua hfw4431 that died from water intrusion, you said the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE would blow it away, I like the bullet design for a certain area. I was asking what dahua bullet is comparable to the one you recommended that i bought.
Thanks
And I just pointed you to the resource where you could easily find that info.