Hik-Connect and Acusense camera

ozzyfr

n3wb
Reaction score
The new HIKVISION DS-2CD2086G2-IUSL acusense camera is very nice, it can detect human or cars on its own and has its own alarm (lights and message).
If all this is implemented in camera, I believe they did find it important for setups without NVR and potentially autonomous stand alone camera.
And this is exactly my setup, it is very simple one camera, no NVR, direct ethernet connection to the internet.

The Hik-connect mobile app on iPhone does not have the option to Enable/Disable the internal alarm of the camera, neither have the option to enable Human or Car detection, only regular motion detection....
What is the point of these cameras then???

2 Questions, is there a simple way to arm/disarm detection from the mobile app?
If human detection is set in camera, how do I receive alerts on the mobile app without having to set the detection in the mobile app as well which does not have human detection and triggers too many alerts?

Thank you

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new HIKVISION DS-2CD2086G2-IUSL acusense camera is very nice, it can detect human or cars on its own and has its own alarm (lights and message).
If all this is implemented in camera, I believe they did find it important for setups without NVR and potentially autonomous stand alone camera.
And this is exactly my setup, it is very simple one camera, no NVR, direct ethernet connection to the internet.

The Hik-connect mobile app on iPhone does not have the option to Enable/Disable the internal alarm of the camera, neither have the option to enable Human or Car detection, only regular motion detection....
What is the point of these cameras then???

2 Questions, is there a simple way to arm/disarm detection from the mobile app?
If human detection is set in camera, how do I receive alerts on the mobile app without having to set the detection in the mobile app as well which does not have human detection and triggers too many alerts?

Thank you
In the app you should have an icon (bell) next to your site name. This will disable and enable notifications (without disabling the events)

With regard to the filtering - once you've enabled human and/or vehicle in the camera then thats all you have to do. You will only get alarms from human and/or vehicles notified in the app. The filtering isn't perfect and you'll still get non human alerts from some shadows etc, so you'll need to play with the sensitivity settings in the camera to tweak it further if necessary.

ozzyfr

n3wb
Reaction score
In the app you should have an icon (bell) next to your site name. This will disable and enable notifications (without disabling the events)

With regard to the filtering - once you've enabled human and/or vehicle in the camera then thats all you have to do. You will only get alarms from human and/or vehicles notified in the app. The filtering isn't perfect and you'll still get non human alerts from some shadows etc, so you'll need to play with the sensitivity settings in the camera to tweak it further if necessary.
Hi John,

I tried what you mentioned but there is no Bell next to the site name.
I need first to open the camera, select the 3 dots at the top right, select settings then the 3 dots at the bottom right, then select remote configuration and then Normal Events.... to get to the screen where I can enable/disable the detection... this is a real pain in the b...

Attachments

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi John,

I tried what you mentioned but there is no Bell next to the site name.
I need first to open the camera, select the 3 dots at the top right, select settings then the 3 dots at the bottom right, then select remote configuration and then Normal Events.... to get to the screen where I can enable/disable the detection... this is a real pain in the b...
Ahh ok, my bad - that option I mentioned might only appear when you're connecting to an NVR rather than individual cameras directly. How did you add the cameras to the Hik Connect app? It probably won't make a difference but some options are only supported if you connect via Hik Connect and won't work if you connect using the camera or NVR IP address/domain

ozzyfr

n3wb
Reaction score
You are correct I added the camera twice, the first time with a direct connection to the camera IP, I have a lot of options. the second time with Hik-Connect and I have far less options.
but in both cases there is no option to disable alarms easily, I start to regret buying this....

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are correct I added the camera twice, the first time with a direct connection to the camera IP, I have a lot of options. the second time with Hik-Connect and I have far less options.
but in both cases there is no option to disable alarms easily, I start to regret buying this....
A couple of things:

1 - Push notifications for alarms are only supported in the Hik Connect app if you add the camera or NVR to the app using the Hik Connect service. If you use the IP address or your own DDNS domain (DYN, NO-IP etc) you won't get notifications at all

2 - You have to fill out all the options in the "Configure DDNS" section (three dots, settings, Configure DDNS) including your camera username and password. Then it will support remote configuration. You might at that point get the option I have for single click arm/disarm of notifications. I've not tried it on a direct to camera connection as I always use an NVR so can't confirm.