Hik-Connect changes mainstream settings.

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

For some reason every time I enter Hik-Connect (android) and change the resolution to "HD" it defaults the camera to 720p resolution on the device itself rather than the stream.

I have to keep re entering the device and modify the "Video & Audio" settings and change the Bitrate and Resolution again.

Does anyone know a fix for this. Or do I have to watch my cameras in SD to avoid this for the time being. Very frustrating.

I have the Hikvision Cubes...

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if you connect the hik-connect to the camera. it will run 720. I tried..don't know why. but via nvr it will be fine.

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According to the other user it is definitely the Hik-Connect App.

I executed the logging according to your description above. I also isolated what triggers the "reset" - it IS caused by the mobile app. This is the way to reproduce it:
-Set for example 1920x1080, 18 fps and bitrate 16384kbps.
-Stream live view in mobile app with setting quality=High-Def. This works, camera keeps it's settings.
-Change (in mobile app) to quality=Basic and stream live view. Still works, camera keeps the settings.
-Now switch back (in mobile app) to High-Def. Now the camera resets to 1280x720, 10 fps and 512kbps
So it seems that the setting of lower/higher resolution in the app causes the reset and then it never goes back to the higher settings.
In the log taken I see a message (translated): Remote function: Changed settings.
I guess that is caused by the resolution change in my app. You know if there is a way to block remote settings to the camera? One way is to always view in app using Hi-Def but we are a couple of users so thats not a perfect solution.