Hik-Connect playback new option added to filter human/vehicle videos display in different colors in firmware - V4.74.200 build 230522

y.d.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Team!!
I have the following devices:
NVR: DS-7616NI-K2 - firmware V4.74.200 build 230522( updated it yesterday)
Cameras: DS-2CD2343G2-IU - firmware V5.7.13 build 230706
Hik-Connect version on android phone - V5.3.1.0721
Link to the release notes:
K51_V4.74.200build230522_ReleaseNotes.pdf (hikvision.com)
Link to the Hikvision site for the NVR:
DS-7616NI-K2 - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision
Link to the Hikvision site for the Cameras:
DS-2CD2343G2-I(U) - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision

Yesterday i found that my NVR has a new firmware release - V4.74.200 build 230522. I have updated the NVR.
The one thing that i love the most from the release notes is the following:
"4. Support using different colors to distinguish event /non-event video
and human/vehicle video for Hik-Connect playback.
Support using different colors to distinguish event video and non-event video for HC
playback. Support quick filtering of human/vehicle video, and human/vehicle videos
display in different colors. "
Unfortunately i have checked my events and there is no such filter as it is shown in the release notes screenshot.
Not sure what should i do add it.
When i am locally and checking the events from the NVR i can filter - human/vehicle events( they are with different colors as well).
But when i open the Hik-Connect app playback there is no such filter.
Can someone advise how this could be done?
Thank you in advance!!!!
1692806164815.png

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont know if you are aware, hik-connect on android store is never the newest one. The up to date version can be obtained from hikvision appstore web

Hikvision App Store

1692818321597.png

I hope that will fix it for you, if not i believe factory reset after upgrading will. It is a common practice after upgrading something to actually factory restore it afterwards to fully obtain newly added structures if there are such.

Good luck

y.d.

n3wb
Reaction score
trempa92 Thank you for your advice. I didnot know that regarding the latest version.
I have downloaded it and deleted the old one. I have restarted the phone and then installed the latest version from Hikvision website.
Again it is the same. I do not see any changes..
If someone has any other ideas please share them...
Thank you in advance.
1692821219793.png

Last edited:

y.d.

n3wb
Reaction score
I am attaching a screenshot of the settings. They are set to motion + target human and vehicles. When i am on the NVR locally i have the option to search for only human or car events and it is filtering so it is working but only locally. Can you please share a screenshot of your Hik connect app so i can see how to you see the events ( if is okay for your of course). The recorder is set to events only because these are not smart events like crossing line or intrusion. If you have some other settings for the NVR please share it with me. Thanks!
1692865402573.png

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Since motion you use is Motion 2.0 which is considered as event. Thats the only thing you have recorded on, and thats is exactly showing you on your app. Nothing else is being recorded, so it wont give you a choice

y.d.

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you are not understanding how the recording is working in Hikvision. Please read for human and vehicle classification feature. All events are classified under "Event" but when you have the option to classify human and vehicle they are stored on different folders. This way you search for event but you can specify what type of event you want to search for. As i told you again on local and web interface i am able to filter them. Under the app as you can see in the release notes in 4. there is a screenshot and you can see under the date there is an option to select what type of event to filter. This is the thing what i am looking for on the Hik-connect. This is the only thing that is missing. This is a new feature and i do know how to enable it. This is why i have opened this topic if someone knows about it.
This is the missing thing:
1693075949502.png

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh i now i get it. Sorry totally missunderstood. It does seems its related to some models only, because i cant see Vehicle/Human separately as well. Or the hik-connect version is not yet released for that.

Scottda99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, did anyone get to the bottom of this, i have exactly the same issue in that i dont see the human or people filters. I have a DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P on the latest firmware

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It did come out on appstore.hikvision.com

But in order to have human/vehicle you need to have either acusense cameras or NVR

Scottda99

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 7616 I series with accusense cams but can’t get it working. I have it working with the same type cams but the NVR is a 7616 K series

Monial

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been told by HIKVISION representative that the K2 version (economic) of their NVR can show events on the 24/7 recording timeline when running in playback mode.

The Pro version of their NVRs (eg.: DS-7608 NXI-I2/S can't ...
Can someone explain why the pro series NVR don't benefit from functionalities available on economic series ? Strange isn't it ?

I was also told that the HIKConnect app can extract specific events from the Hikvision pro serie NVRs but this wont work when using ivms-4200 software...

Did someone say "lake of coherence" in the app development at Hikvision ?