Hik-Connect - Playback only working during the night!?

Munzz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

Set my NVR and 8mp camera up this weekend, all is well and working as expected but encountered a really weird issue that I can't work out.

• Hik-Connect live view works fine
  • Notifications for intrusion detection works fine 24/7 (including the thumbnail)
  • I can only playback intrusion detection alerts that are recorded overnight. Anything after 7am'ish just gets stuck loading and errors "playback failed 260025".
Has anyone experienced this?

Jamie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same frustrated issues, using a ds-2cd2385 cam with a DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B) NVR
and cant find the problem. ( all is setup with a hik-connect account )

Get the same error message >260025<

( camera was already changed to daylight around 07:15.) I can only watch till 7:30AM this day

i can playback all content with a external ip with windows and ivms 4200lite without any issues. ( with hik-connect \ ez video or ivms4200 IOS versions its gives the 260025 error. )
live view is no issue, but cant watch the motion detection\ intrusion detection videos after 7:30 AM

i added some screenshots port forwarding is working ( screenshots are made from a external computer. )

@Munzz

did you have already any idea ?

Attachments

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Security video streams often reduce their frame rate to accommodate a slower shutter speed at night. And if they are configured for "VBR" (Variable bit rate) then the same can often be said for the bit rate due to there being less fine detail to encode under the relatively poor light.

So I am guessing that maybe the return to day makes the stream specs increase above some threshold where less-capable video players choke on them. You could try a number of things, such as limiting the bit rate further, or setting the frame rate to 15 FPS.

It looks like @slowmotion93 's camera might not be allowing a bit rate limit on the main stream when in variable bit rate mode, which would be silly, but nonetheless could be the source of his problem.

Reaction score
@bp2008

i changed the bitrate to constant value
but it doesnt make any sense

i really not understand how its possible but yesterday everything is starts working back normal around 17:04 ( this was on day mode the cam was going to night mode around 20:30) till today around 07:10 > day mode < im able to watch till 07:30 this morning.
after 07:30 remote playback \ motion alerts are again stuck.

how the hell is this possible....

Last edited:

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like @slowmotion93 's camera might not be allowing a bit rate limit on the main stream when in variable bit rate mode, which would be silly, but nonetheless could be the source of his problem.
Don't know if this will help - last weekend I discovered that setting max bitrate through the NVR GUI and then hitting save resulted in no change to the max bitrate for my cams. I had to go directly into the cams' GUI, make max bitrate changes there, then hit save. Then back into the NVR GUI I'd see the changes had worked. Don't know why that' the case.