Hik Connect Push notifications working in app, not in notification center ios

jmanko16

n3wb
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have had issues with push notifications and hik connect app. I have a 7616 NVR and using the hik connect app. Notifications are working and set to push, and they do show up in the app whenever I refresh. They stopped being delivered as "push" notifications so I am actually alerted on my ios13 phone 2 days ago. No settings have changed, and all notifications are set to on in ios. I have even changed the settings to persistent and still without any notifications. Also, interestingly my badge app notifications are gone as well.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have any thoughts (only thought I have is refreshing the iphone). Have already deleted and reinstalled, etc. It works perfectly fine with my other ios devices which I can't explain.

Thanks

jmanko16

n3wb
Reaction score
Hoping someone out there can help me. I tried waiting on the phone with Hikvision USA Today and after a half hour their call center closed so I got hung up on and told to call back.

I have reset the NVR, the phone, and the app multiple times. I receive all line crossing/intrustion detection in the app when I go to notifications and refresh. I get no push notifications (and yes push is set to on in both locations). Interestingly, when I download iVMS 4500 to my phone the push notifications work, but the device is only added while on the wifi network so not really useful away from home. Briefly they did work (for about 3 notifications) and then quit tonight. This was after I clicked on notification schedule to turn it on, however when I click that it actually won't turn on. And all the while I still don't even get the badge apps except for the brief time that the 3 notifications came across.

Throughout all of this my wife's phone logged in with same account continues to get all push notifications.

The only thing I can come up with is that when I try to go to "notification schedule" this is not opening that selection and seems to be an error in the app?

jmanko16

n3wb
Reaction score
Apple certificate issue last week in Blue Iris discussed here, perhaps HikConnect having the same?
Not sure. My settings app on notificaction schedule is intermittently not available. And briefly it showed up and had notifications for a few mins and then went back to no push notifications. I would think it would not be intermittent if a certificate issue?

jmanko16

n3wb
Reaction score
Restored the NVR, deleted the hik connect app on all devices, and made a new hik connect account. Reinstalled everything and same problem persists. What’s interesting is I will occasionally get one or 2 push notifications and badge apps will update, I go to the app and then they stop and no more push.
And confusing part is my wife’s android phone has never stopped getting notifications at any point. I would think at this point it has effectively ruled out a problem with him connect or the nvr as she gets notifications reliably, and when I manually refresh in the app the smart events show up, so this must be an app problem. And this is reproducible on my iPhone and 2 iPads.

Tried hikvision usa support again tonight and after 30 min waits both times the office closed.
Any other ideas?