Hik-connect question

Reaction score
Good Day,

I just installed 8 Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I 8MP 2.8mm cameras and A Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P nvr. Got them all from AliExpress. I got them all installed and they work fine.
My issue is, it does not seems as though I can access all of the camera setting from my nvr, so when I go to Hik-Connect.com (via explorer) and sign in and click on the “IP/PORT No.” link to go to the IP address it takes my my Google WiFi setup page.
Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Jeff
I dont recommend using hikconnect to change camera settings.
Best method is this

Go to your nvr and navigate to CONFIGURATION/NETWORK/ADVANCED SETTINGS and check "
Enable Virtual Host"

Now you can go to CONFIGURATION/SYSTEM/CAMERA MANAGEMENT and youll see on the right side of the camera number a link to go directly to your camera.

You can bookmark those links if you ever want to quickly access settings.

Im personally not a fan of hikconnect and dont recommend anyone using it. I feel like it just opens up backdoors and possible hacking

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! When you say go to the NVR, do you mean via the mouse interface on my monitor connected to the NVR? I looked for that setting but could not find it that way. I saw via YouTube video the process you described but it looked like they accessed the setting via a web browser. If that is the way to access that setting, that is my problem where it takes me to my Google WiFi page.
Thanks

bananero

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Day,

I just installed 8 Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I 8MP 2.8mm cameras and A Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-I2/16P nvr. Got them all from AliExpress. I got them all installed and they work fine.
My issue is, it does not seems as though I can access all of the camera setting from my nvr, so when I go to Hik-Connect.com (via explorer) and sign in and click on the “IP/PORT No.” link to go to the IP address it takes my my Google WiFi setup page.
Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
The reason it brings you back to your router is most probably because your ports are not forwarded? are you also local? if you are local, type in the local IP address on your IE.

man at oze

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Jeff
I dont recommend using hikconnect to change camera settings.
Best method is this

Go to your nvr and navigate to CONFIGURATION/NETWORK/ADVANCED SETTINGS and check "
Enable Virtual Host"

Now you can go to CONFIGURATION/SYSTEM/CAMERA MANAGEMENT and youll see on the right side of the camera number a link to go directly to your camera.

You can bookmark those links if you ever want to quickly access settings.

Im personally not a fan of hikconnect and dont recommend anyone using it. I feel like it just opens up backdoors and possible hacking
Hi,

Ok but Hikconnect bring the push capability.

do you have an alternate solution for push notification?

emm