Hik-Connect weirdness

ztm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I want to add 2 NVRs to my Hik-Connect account. When choosing "manual add" and entering the valid serial and verification code I always get "Invalid verification code." error. (Verif.code is entered in capitals.) When adding with QR code scanning one of them is accepted but the other still drops the error. This one has ABCDEF verification code. Both devices has once been added to another Hik-Connect account but now they're deleted from that account. Of course Hik-Connect Platform access is enabled.
NVRs: DS-7608N-E2/8P, RR firmware (from China)
Firmware: v3.4.8, build 160718

I've tried Hik EU support, in vain. Try to get help from the dealer in China, no answer yet. It's not a big deal 'cause both of them are running perfect with No-IP DDNS, it's just curiosity.
Any idea?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I will assume that you are logged into your hik-connect account on line,to add another nvr in the hik-connect account
add device.then enter your serial number it is on the bottom of your nvr its the 9 digit number no letters.
then enter the verification code.now that is in capital letters 6 long its will seek out your nvr then say online,similar to there old ddns set up.

ztm

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. That's what I'm doing. But getting serial and verif.code from the NVR menu. There is a different code on the label of the box, a different one on the bottom of the NVR and a different one sticked inside the NVR onto the electronics. This latter is the real one which can be read from the menu as well. Chinese people are funny people...

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes. That's what I'm doing. But getting serial and verif.code from the NVR menu. There is a different code on the label of the box, a different one on the bottom of the NVR and a different one sticked inside the NVR onto the electronics. This latter is the real one which can be read from the menu as well. Chinese people are funny people...
They must run around at night boxing up in the dark.
well that makes a pain to add to the hik-account