Hik-connect

RonL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am still considering the hikvision cameras... I ordered one 2mp, just to hook to my current system.
I checked to see about eventual remote connection using hik-connect. But it doesn't exist in play store for the US. Is there a direct download for this ? And any troubles whether it's dvr or nvr connection. (That final decision has t been made yet.. (depends on the camera I did order for testing) my old system is a smonet 2mp HD csystem (1080p) hopfully this new colorvu camera can just plug In. I'm sure I have to live with the camera defaults (like not being able to turn the light off.) But a test is test. Just to see how the colorvu will work with available light that I do have.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am still considering the hikvision cameras... I ordered one 2mp, just to hook to my current system.

my old system is a smonet 2mp HD csystem (1080p) hopfully this new colorvu camera can just plug In.
VERY unlikely :confused: ..... but fingers crossed. :cool:

RonL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
VERY unlikely :confused: ..... but fingers crossed. :cool:
If not. I guess I'll have to buy the dvr too.
I wasn't fully committed to staying with the dvr. However the one I was looking at say it will do ip also. Must be a hybrid of some kind. It is a hikvision.